Saturday, July 9, 2011

P & P.

Since this has been my summer of reading (& listening) to books, I finally got together with 3 fantastic friends to watch the "true to the book" movie, Pride & Prejudice.  This was not some wimpy 90 minute version, but the full 5 1/2 hours of pure British Bliss.  
I have never read the book (insert shame), but still enjoyed every moment, especially with husband rolling his eyes, and children asking to watch cartoons instead.  
We did take some breaks to catch up, reflect on relationships, eat scones, and drink gigantic mugs of tea, it was a perfect day.  
Julia, Christina, Brianna, Me!  We took pictures with the elegant tea cups but ditched them for "Real" mugs in the end!

2 comments:

  1. Perfection!
    I've never liked Jane Austin, but that STILL sounds Soooooo appealing! And don't you just love real teacups?! I have a few back in Fonthill and always hope to find them at the thrift store. Never much luck though- just the saucers seem to be there in abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw a mum at Value village buying 6 for her daughters birthday party...they were about 5$ each. I love the look of tea cups but they would go un-used in my house. We got a bunch for our wedding and gave them to goodwill! So sad!

    ReplyDelete