Monday, May 10, 2010

'I'm not pretty!'


...is one of the things that Dahlia says almost daily now.. It all started one day when she declared it, put her head down, and turned her face downcast. Her Daddy rushed to her, picked her up and declared, "Yes, you are pretty! You are beautiful!" He spoke it to her as a gospel message, good news to awaken her! But she continued on.It breaks my heart to hear her say it, but secretly wondering if she just loves the attention that she gets from it because we always try and convince her otherwise.This is all very shocking either way, since this is a girl obsessed with princesses, can wear a pair of play high heels like nobody else. What's so wrong with pretty? Good or bad, I think the answer we are all happy to hear lately is..."I am not pretty.I am cute."

No comments:

Post a Comment