Thursday, May 6, 2010

Children.

Woke up this morning with 15 minutes to get to Olivia’s vaccination appointment! I quickly bathed my barfy smelling baby so that I wouldn’t look like a bad mom, found her vaccination booklet, got her dressed, dressed myself, and walked to the clinic. I was surprised to make it with time to wait for the doctor and time to chat with another mom who was waiting for a walk-in appointment.

This other mom has 5 kids and wants one more, I always laughing when i can say I ONLY have 3! It is so rare nowadays to see families of more than 2, but I am encouraged. I love children and think I have had it pretty easy as far as pregnancy, labour, delivery, babies that are calm and sleep well. I get asked all the time if there wil be a fourth, and I think eventually I will be ready again, but not yet! I am trying to treasure my sweet moments with Olivia. In fact, a almost tripped coming out of the doctors office and shuttered to think that I may have harmed her by falling or whatever.

I have also been thinking how sweet a gift it would be to be able to surrogate for a couple I know so that they could know the sweet joy of parenthood. Now don’t panic…I will probably never do it because I would be a mess when it came to giving the child away, but I love the idea. On the other hand, I am IN LOVE with the idea of adoption, and would love people to see their infertility as a door opened to care and love for another. Take life’s hardships and turn it to His Glory! It is a beautiful picture of how God has adopted us into his family and called us his children when we are not naturally His. I would love to adopt 10 more children, if our house could hold them! Oh, so much to think about…

Thank you God for my wiggly Olivia, for their health, and the joy they bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment