Friday, May 7, 2010

The day that kept on giving.

Mom came for the second time this month and gave one of the best helps she could...a garden! She filled her trunk with perennials from her garden, brought her own tools, a tree trimmer and some elbow grease and together we tackled the garden in front and back. Now although my parents how green hands (not just thumbs) and I wasliterally raised in greenhouse

s, I have very little clue about how to grow anything. It looks amazing...I wish I had taken better before pictures since there was nothing but weeds, garbage, and cigarette butts. The inly ones who had profited from the neglect was the worms who were as big as snakes..feasting on the rotten,

buried, and neglected..Sorry guys, party is over, now you just have a regular garden to eat! (Triumph!!) Ok..As if that wasn't good enough...my friend took the kids while we were up to our arms in weeds and dirt... THEN..Yes there is a then...Poppy brought me a gift from angels...I would have never ever gotten for myself because a.)expensive b.)takes up a lot of space c.)I usually believe in getting your hands dirty. d.) it is a super indulgence. A NEW MIXER!!! I am a spoiled rotten child! I have almost wept even thinking about all the luxuries I have in my life right now...Thank you LORD for your goodness.

I can hardly express how grateful I am for all these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment