Monday, January 10, 2011

Dinner Dilemma

I am excited to do another dinner exchange! Last time we got together it was all but crazy hectic!
We ended up having 4 dinners to exchange:
Mango Curried Chicken, Beef stew, a pasta bake, and Cranberry chicken. All delicious and much appreciated since the holidays have so many activities and by the end of the day I have no more inspiration to make dinner!
I felt like most of us were time crunched and had less people particpate. 3 drop-outs and many who said they would do it the next month.
Now this month has rolled around again and I feel like I was out of inspiration again!
All this week I have been cruising recipe sites, learning about freezer friendly foods, and all the while feeling anxious about what to make!
Some of my favourite recipes are not "freezer friendly" or has too many fresh ingredients

My options have come down to:
Chinese (potsticker) dumplings, Chicken a la King, baked Mexican casserole, butter chicken. uh...

I am not sure why my brain is freezing on this one. I want to make something good, not too "ordinary" but I don't want to use an experimental recipe. I will work it out, but until then I am going to have fun scouring the recipe world for ideas!!


http://www.momsbudget.com/freezerrecipes/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment