Thursday, August 26, 2010

What can I make with stuff in my fridge.

Tried a new recipe that I loved. I had one of those moments where I hadn't planned dinner and scoured the bottom of the freezer for some inspiration.
Google rescued me with this idea, which I modified to suit the ingredients. Sporty would not touch it, but Blue Eyes inhaled it. Go figure, they are complete opposites in taste and personality. I recommend making 'too much' sauce, but definitely a keeper.
I love breaking down a recipe to how much it would cost. The trouble is I buy almost everything I eat on sale and then freeze it or store it. It would get pricey if you had to buy everything, but when it is already in the house, it seems like a steal.

Garlic and White Wine Pasta Toss

  • Enough pasta for 4
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • about 1/2 cup white wine
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • One Chopped red pepper
  • Spinach, I used frozen, thawed, drained.
  • 1/2 bunch chopped fresh parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
+couple big spoonfuls grated Parmesan
cheese

Instructions.
Get your pasta going...You want to take a big handful, to feed about 4.
Get teh chopped garlic and butter, heating up in the pan.
Add peppers and shrimp, and then after they have cooked, add spinach.
Add the drained pasta oce ready and add to the pan with the parmesan.
Serve.


$1-2 dollars for a bag
3 - 4$ per 2 cups
$8 dollars for a cheap bottle
$o.50 guess for a head
$ 2 per pepper?
frozen spinach bag is about 3$
fresh parsley is abou1.50 per bunch

7$ Shrimp, no idea..this was a special and frozen.

5$ for a jar.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! Max made something similar (shrimp scampi) last week and I'm hooked on garlic + pasta + white wine + shrimp. Thanks for the recipe Loni!

    ReplyDelete